I’ve been married to my soul mate, Dale, for over 30 years. We met through my brother-in-law, Mike, and 6 weeks later, we were engaged. Yes, you read that right. Engaged! We met in September of one year and were married the following September. Crazy, right?
While it hasn’t always been easy, actually challenging at times, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Our life together is not perfect, far from it. We have our ups and downs like all couples. But, we’ve learned to make it work. I want to encourage others to make it work, too. Not only work, but to be HAPPY together. I can honestly say I love Dale more today than ever. He makes me laugh, which makes me happy.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I am Mom to 2 wonderful son, Matt & Zach
- I have one fabulous daughter-in-law, Joanna and one soon to be daughter-in-law, Hannah.
- We had our first grandchild, Hudson, August 13th. He has melted our hearts!
- I always have our beagle, Snoopy, sitting beside me. He follows me everywhere. Then there is Charlie, our cat. Charlie loves chicken – I’ve never known a cat that likes chicken.
- I love to read! (when I’m lost in a great book, I might not get anything done that day. Sorry, honey!)
- I love spending time with family & friends.
- I love taking family vacations to the beach.
- I love to laugh.
- I love to travel.
- I drink Tab – the one in the pink cans — yes, they still make it. BEST diet drink ever! I buy cases of every time I see it on sale.
- I follow the Weight Watcher’s Plan. I’ve lost 93 lbs and have struggled to keep it off. 35 of those darn pounds keep finding their way back to me! It’s something I’ve struggled with my entire life, and will continue fighting forever.
- I’m a sappy romantic — I absolutely love a happy ending whether it is in movie, book or real life.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will join our Soul Mate Community (don’t worry, it’s Free) so all of us can learn from one another. I guarantee you’ll find fun, easy ways to have a healthy, happier marriage. And hopefully, you will enhance your relationship with your husband…your Soul Mate.
Send me a comment so I can get to know you, too.